Our Services

Criminal Record Disclosure Checks

Disclosures – Disclosure & Barring Service, making your business secure and your clients safer.

Our secure screening platform is integrated directly with the Disclosure and Barring Service.  This means that we process DBS checks for those companies who are not eligible to conduct the checks themselves.  Integration reduces repetitive data entry, improves accuracy and greatly speeds up the processing time for criminal record checks.  

There are 3 types of check you can carry out as an organisation:

Basic Disclosure

Available for individuals who can choose to show it to employers (or anyone else). A Basic Disclosure report shows all convictions held at national level which are not ‘spent’ under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. This is the most common check.

Standard Disclosure

A standard check is used for certain types of role, such as Civil Enforcement Officer or Court Officer, it shows both spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings. Whereas the Basic Disclosure only shows unspent convictions, the Standard DBS check also shows spent convictions along with any cautions, reprimands and final warnings.

Enhanced Disclosure

This type of check is usually required in situations where the applicant is applying for a position involving regular care, training, supervision or being in sole charge of young people and/or vulnerable adults. It can also be required for certain statutory licensing purposes (SIA). This report contains similar information to the Standard Disclosure report and will also include local police records, such as relevant non-conviction information.

If the role will also include Regulated Activity, then it may be appropriate to include an application for a search of the barred lists to see if the applicant is barred from undertaking a certain role.  Please contact us before you place an order to check eligibility otherwise your order will proceed without the barred lists.  

For further guidance on which type of check is right for you, please call us or visit https://www.gov.uk/find-out-dbs-check.